Contact Details:Robin Clempson
Email this member
Visit their website
Mary Street House
Taunton, Somerset TA1 3NW
Albert Goodman has been advising potential suppliers to the Hinkley Point C project since 2012. We are advising Somerset-based, and more widely South West-based, businesses that have come together to form collaborative supplier consortia to tender for the work packages identified as suitable for local supply provision.
To date we have been appointed to provide advice to three consortia – either the consortium entity itself or member businesses of the consortia. The advice and services we have and can provide are in the following areas:
• Formation and legal structure of the consortia companies – for example, either joint venture, company limited by guarantee, or company limited by shares
• Business planning
• Establishing good internal processes and systems
• Assessment of the project impact on normal business operation and working capital requirements
• Financing options
• Financial and cashflow modelling for short term growth for mobilisation and for the longer term sustainable contract delivery (10+ years)
• Requirements imposed by EDF, in particular financing of performance bonds and reporting against contract KPIs
• Providing general accounting and tax advice
• Outsourced bookkeeping and payroll services
Requirements for supplying to the nuclear industry are stringent. We have full knowledge of EDF Energy’s uncompromising commitment to nuclear, industrial and environmental safety as well as their “Zero Harm” commitment.
Albert Goodman is a full service accountancy, tax and business advisory firm with eight offices throughout Somerset and Dorset and supporting clients throughout the South West. We have a long and successful heritage since our formation in 1866 and have grown to become one of the largest firms in the South West and within the top 50 firms in the UK. We have 16 partners and nearly 300 staff.
We would be very happy to meet potential suppliers free of charge to share our knowledge of supplying to the Hinkley Point C.Primary capability: Accounting & Finance